Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If you're getting rejected by Wings for incorrect calculations make sure (1) you're reading the formula correctly (one TO reviewer was not), (2) you look at the value for B every time because it changes. If neither of those was the issue, I've got nothing. The others I did were approved and the one rejection was deserved as I left out part of the formula in doing the calculation.

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score
If you're getting rejected by Wings for incorrect calculations make sure (1) you're reading the formula correctly (one TO reviewer was not), (2) you look at the value for B every time because it changes. If neither of those was the issue, I've got nothing. The others I did were approved and the one rejection was deserved as I left out part of the formula in doing the calculation.
I only did 2 because scared...but they were both approved. I did not round at all, and like you mentioned, the value for both A and B can change with each HIT. I did a quick formula in excel to let me drop in A and B. Unfortunately, they don't give us any way to verify that our method is correct - so if you make a mistake on 1, it can carry through the whole batch.

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I only did 2 because scared...but they were both approved. I did not round at all, and like you mentioned, the value for both A and B can change with each HIT. I did a quick formula in excel to let me drop in A and B. Unfortunately, they don't give us any way to verify that our method is correct - so if you make a mistake on 1, it can carry through the whole batch.
Yeah they definitely should at least include the answer to their example just so people can double check. Other than that, good hits and requester imo. I feel like most of the bad TO coming in is unwarranted. As mentioned, one person said they were reading the formula incorrectly. Another person said there were times they weren't even paying attention to the hit.

Reactions: tempo and Kallee

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey about business encounters | PANDA
Requester: S.Dali [A1RJA9IHNKPDGF] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.38] [Fair: 3.86] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 4.17] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Requires approx 10 minutes to answer question about what would you do in certain consumer situations
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

KKin2010

Reaction score
I sent proof of the one I'm positive I did correctly and I knew the value of B changed from one HIT to the next. But when you have the value of A as 0, and everything else is multiplied to A (ex. X * A * (1+B/100), and A=0), the answer is going to be 0, regardless of what B is. The other 2 rejections, I didn't even question because I had no way of knowing which ones they were. With this one I did question it was the only 1 I did from a different batch and I was thinking it was odd in the first place that the value for A was 0. Should have known better than to submit it when I was 2nd guessing the information provided.

Reactions: tempo

LurkyTurkey

Contributor
Reaction score
I sent proof of the one I'm positive I did correctly and I knew the value of B changed from one HIT to the next. But when you have the value of A as 0, and everything else is multiplied to A (ex. X * A * (1+B/100), and A=0), the answer is going to be 0, regardless of what B is. The other 2 rejections, I didn't even question because I had no way of knowing which ones they were. With this one I did question it was the only 1 I did from a different batch and I was thinking it was odd in the first place that the value for A was 0. Should have known better than to submit it when I was 2nd guessing the information provided.
I saw them post, but I wasn't available to work on them at the time. Sorry to hear of the rejections. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That one is definitely a weird case. Did he respond?

EDIT:

Ok, I see your mistake now. It was X* (A-20) * (1+B/100). You'd get -20 from that first set of parentheses. The requester was actually right on that one.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Training qualifier to do UserBob HITs | PANDA
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.80] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.97] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 42] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Time: 1 hour
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Reviewer DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99;

KKin2010

Reaction score
I saw them post, but I wasn't available to work on them at the time. Sorry to hear of the rejections. Hope it gets sorted soon.
Thanks. I have a bachelors in finance and numbers are an obsession of mine, so when I can prove the answer wasn't incorrect it gets kind of frustrating. I just want HIM to show me why he thinks it is incorrect. Closure, I guess. Probably won't hear back from him.

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a bachelors in finance and numbers are an obsession of mine, so when I can prove the answer wasn't incorrect it gets kind of frustrating. I just want HIM to show me why he thinks it is incorrect. Closure, I guess. Probably won't hear back from him.
See my edit.

D

Deleted member 526

only 5 days until trump inagauration
:D:D:D:D:D
just doing my part to help the mods here

KKin2010

Reaction score
That one is definitely a weird case. Did he respond?

EDIT:

Ok, I see your mistake now. It was X* (A-20) * (1+B/100). You'd get -20 from that first set of parentheses. The requester was actually right on that one.
That wasn't the formula though. It was from a different batch that was just multiplying by A and I only did 1 from that batch. I did over 20 from the batch with the formula you listed and I had 1 rejection from there, but I'm pretty sure I forgot to subtract the 20 on that one (kids & football distractions).

Reactions: Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That wasn't the formula though. It was from a different batch that was just multiplying by A and I only did 1 from that batch. I did over 20 from the batch with the formula you listed and I had 1 rejection from there, but I'm pretty sure I forgot to subtract the 20 on that one (kids & football distractions).
Oh I see. Thought you were talking about them all being from the most recent batch.

KKin2010

Reaction score
Oh I see. Thought you were talking about them all being from the most recent batch.
No, I would have loved to work on more from that last batch to keep my mind off the Cowboys losing though. :(

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
No, I would have loved to work on more from that last batch to keep my mind off the Cowboys losing though. :(
If its any consolation, you will have dak, elliot and that Oline for a minimum of 5 years, so thats probably 4 or 5 straight playoff apperances coming up for your team.

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study on behavior at work | PANDA
Requester: Sebastian Schuh [A3OX8K12FX5WQF] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.63] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Please only workers with work experience in an organization
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

D

Deleted member 526

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Stanford University Survey for work related to ---.
The value of your bonus is: $0.40 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hi,
Here is the bonus for your participation in "Survey on Public Trust in Medical Research."
I really appreciate that you took efforts in taking the survey.

Happy holidays,

-------

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to get over my rejection(s), even though I dreamed about never ever getting a rejection like YAHU @YAHU and others. I just hope Wings will post enough batches for me so that my 3 rejections will be worthy :D.

Reactions: YAHU and Yatagarasu
Status
Not open for further replies.