01/11 - We're One Year Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I've been pretty chill since the new year has started. How have the work days been?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
hi! yes it has been. I'm doing really well, thanks! :) 79 days sober. doing the AA thing & enjoying it, life is cool. how have you been?
That's really awesome! Congrats! I'm trying to do the same, but on my own. I have varying success, I suppose. I'm glad you're doing well.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
wow that's incredible! it's so inspiring to see people with a significant amount of time.
Yeah, I was the same way, I tried getting sober on and off for 5+ years before this but always ended up making an excuse why I "should" have a drink or why I deserve one. After my twins were born and going through terrrrrrible post partum issues...I made the choice ( well my husband helped when he came and picked me up at the hospital and said get sober or leave haha)

Last edited:

ashleyvirus

i'm the real taylor swift
Reaction score
Yeah, I was the same way, I tried getting sober on and off for 5+ years before this but always ended up making an excuse why I "should" have a drink or why I deserve one. After my twins were born and going through terrrrrrible post partum issues...I made the choice ( well my husband helped when he came and picked me up at the hospital and said get sober or leave haha)
oh yeah my alcoholism was a problem for years and i knew it but always had an excuse. got DTs from alcohol withdrawal after a 6 week bender and checked myself into rehab. and now the first thing I do every morning is pray. It's amazing how much has changed in such a short amount of time for me from working the steps and throwing myself into the Fellowship

love your walt quote in your signature. another favorite of mine from him: "Around here we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Last edited:

ashleyvirus

i'm the real taylor swift
Reaction score
so have there been any "improvements" made to mturk that i should know about since the summer?

i got paid $15 to do some pretty easy(for me) math on a survey a couple days ago which was a cool welcome-back treat lol.

Reactions: aveline

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
oh yeah my alcoholism was a problem for years and i knew it but always had an excuse. got DTs from alcohol withdrawal after a 6 week bender and checked myself into rehab. and now the first thing I do every morning is pray. It's amazing how much has changed in such a short amount of time for me from working the steps and throwing myself into the Fellowship

love your walt quote in your signature. another favorite of mine from him: "Around here we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
I totally agree, it sounds like our stories are so similar. I grew up going to catholic school...ect.. But once I moved for college I "deviated" from the path. But once you make your mind up for once and for all that, that is enough. Its amazing how quickly the mindset changes. We pray every night and every morning and its a great way to start and end our days.

Reactions: ashleyvirus

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Quick survey | PANDA
Requester: IL Team [A3HK1TA36RVPL4] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.25 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.98 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.13 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.54 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 77
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: 6 minute survey about saving
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 94; Location is US

Screener but after 2-3 mins

Last edited:

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
so have there been any "improvements" made to mturk that i should know about since the summer?

i got paid $15 to do some pretty easy(for me) math on a survey a couple days ago which was a cool welcome-back treat lol.
Transferring money to Amazon Payments takes about 8-10 hours now, instead of just a couple of minutes. Yay progress!

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I messed up my timers on PC....what is cycle ones timer ( when you first download it)

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Help us find analogies in a set of inventions! | PANDA
Requester: Carnegie Mellon Social Computing Group [A33U9PH6TQL0KG] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.22 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.49 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.25 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.68 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 130
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Read a product description and find another product description in our database that is analogous to it
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 3
Reward: $0.65
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Not bad- can do up to 4

Status
Not open for further replies.